Can I prepare for an Ironman in less than 2 months?Read More
In the enlightening documentary, "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" Jiro explains that his secret for becoming who he became was that he follows the same steps everyday and tries to get a little bit better everyday. This is the approach i'm taking to Ultraman UK 2014.
The core of my training is a consecutive thee day training block every week where I do a long stead swim one day, followed by a long steady bike ride the next and a run on the third day
For each of these consecutively longer sessions, I follow the same script as the week before, wearing the same clothes, eating the same foods. I'm trying to improve just one thing for each discipline each week.
- Lite breakfast. Just a handful of dates and water
- What I wear: Nike, Underarmour shirt, Nike runner shorts. Asics Shoes, Compression socks
- So far I have not been eating during the run (up to 150min). Need to change that. Perhaps adopt the MDS fueling strategy. Run 45 minutes walk 15 minutes and eat during the walk.
- What I wear: 3/4 bib, underarmour cold weather gear, bike top, Giro helmet
- What I eat before: Big smoothie for breakfast
- What I eat during: Date, Banana, Cinnamon, Almond coconut milk (300 cals/hour)
- What I heat after: 250ml innocent smootie
- Fuel goes into the tri bottle holder water goes into fuselage
- How often do I eat: every 15m
- Goggles: Aqua Sphere Kayman
- Fueling: SiS gel every 30min.
- Fueling after: Coke if swimming in a lake