Disclaimer: These are gross over simplifications. All based on my personal experience in a specific field. I have spent half my 15 year career working in NYC/NJ and the other in London.
- Value trustworthiness above all.
If you ask about someone, you will hear something like "He's a good guy"
- Far more entrepreneurial spirit
- Nicer but faker
- People will violently agree if they don't agree then talk about you behind your back
- Values cleverness above all else
- Far more cynical. (Why is this person being so nice to me, what does he want?)
- Think they are smarter and the US agree with that.
- Debate is part of the culture
- People in the U.K. fall into line more